6.01.2011

My New Jewelry Box!

So I have been looking for a new jewelry box for some time now but havent found one that I liked enough or that had the features I wanted and within my price range to keep longer than a month. Now that my daughter gets into more of my things a new necessity has risen of making this not accessable to her (hanging it on the wall, high!). Needless to say I have lost some jewelry and am not too happy about that.
So I was at the Goodwill a week ago with my Sis and found a poor beat up small decorative cabinet and saw potential. So I bought it and finally with the holiday weekend over and the family trip to CA behind me I could now focus on creating my Jewelry Box. I wanted it to blend well with the bedroom so I went and bought the paint colors we have in our bedroom but in sample size since I didnt need much. Off I went cleaning the cabinet and then painting away. The longest part was waiting for the paint to dry so this took about 3 hours.

Here are the before pictures.
Yes I know, not a pretty picture. Missing drawer knobs, rough coloring.

 And the back is pretty simple and blah...

Since it was missing the knobs on one of the drawers I figured I would get new ones for the whole thing. So here are the new ones painted and drying. There are four but one straggler got placed to far to be in the picture. Oops!


And now here is the final project hung in my bedroom with some special items on the shelves. As you can see I also added hooks on the bottom for my necklaces. Pretty happy with how this came out. :)
What do you think?



Beat up cabinet from Goodwill : $3
Sample paint :                           $6
New Drawer Knobs:                 $3
Hooks: Already had on hand so free
 TOTAL:                                $12  - not to shabby!


No comments:

Post a Comment