6.16.2011

Purse

I have an obsession with bags/purses as do many of my friends. Well I had a friend see a bag that she liked and asked that I make something similar. So I created this first bag below. Seeing as how it was my first bag there were mistakes and unfinished edges since I'm also a little unpatient.
My friend loved this purse and used it on ther trip to Disneyland that following weekend but I was not too happy with it.


 Sooo..I got working on one that I took more time on when time was avaliable. I was also able to make a small zip bag to match.

Small matching bag with ribbon loop in the side.

Inside is the Polkadot fabric that matched the ribbon loop. 

And heres the new improved bag!
A shorter shoulder strap with more character to it. It was originally a white belt with a black strip down the middle and I sewed a polkadot ribbon onto the middle to tie everything together.

I added some Fleur De Lis since she liked them and for more eye interest on the outside of the bag since its pretty plan.

Inside shot. 

I flipped the purse inside out.
It has two smaller pockets on one side with a key faub so keys dont get lost at the bottom of the bag. LOVE LOVE LOVE that idea!! :)  Yay Me! LOL!
A magnetic closure to secure the top .

And on the other side of the interior is one larger pocket and two spots for pens. 

Oh I also placed a velcro pocket on the back but didnt get a picture of it.
I will be fixing the other purse and making some improvements on it but she and I are both happy about this new one. :)


I have already had a request for me to make another customized one and the person will pay me. I guess I better start a shop! LOL!! J/k...kinda.. :)

What have I learned from this?
Making bags is MORE FUN that shopping for me. I get to add my own flare and surprise my friends/customers with nifty little additions to the product. I can already see my house filling with bags I've made for fun and for friends. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment